WELCOME

I love to eat. And anyone who knows me knows that I also love to feed. Unfortunately I'm not always in close proximity to the people who love to eat my food. So this website is for those who miss my cooking, or for those who are feeling adventurous and are looking for some new flavor in their kitchen.
A lot of these recipes are family recipes and you will be hard pressed to find them in your friendly neighborhood Indian restaurant. They are also pretty regionally specific, so if you happen to find yourself in a "Marathi" restaurant in Mumbai (the most culturally diverse city in India), you may see some familiar fare on the menu.
From time to time I will stray from Indian food; Thai, Italian, Middle Eastern. But I always find my way back!
I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I do.
Eat Happy!

Biryani masala

Ingredients
3 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp fennel seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp carraway seeds
12 cloves
12 black peppercorn
3 cinamon sticks each 2" long
10 cardamom pods
1/2 tsp nutmeg powder

Preparation
Grind all spices in a spice or coffee grinder.
Store in a cool dark place, will last for a good 3 months. 
Use in everything from biryani to chicken curry to roasted veggies. 
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment